Social media is taking over the world! And we want to help you harness its power. Today we’re talking tips and tricks to increase your engagement on Facebook, Twitter and the countless other social platforms!
Lay Out Your Goals
You need to have your goals clearly laid out before pursuing any kind of action. Without any direction, you could find yourself spending time on aspects of social media that don’t bring you closer to your goals.
The possibilities are seemingly endless on social media, but here are some things to consider:
- How often are you going to post? What are you going to post? Creating content ahead of time will help you plan your campaign and reduce stress along the way. You want to schedule your posts as much as possible!
- Cater your content to your audience. If you love cat memes but your audience doesn’t, it’s probably time to stop posting cat memes. Or it’s time to find some new followers, because who really doesn’t like cat memes?
- What’s the purpose of your social media accounts? Are you trying to drive people to your website? Just trying to create an online presence? Or something entirely different? Lay out and post in accordance with that plan. I.E. If you’re going to talk about something awesome on your website, make sure to link to it. Oh, and don’t forget to remove URLs from your posts on Facebook! The less text the better.
Post Like a Pro
The road to mastering social media is long and grueling. For that reason, we suggest following as many animal pages as possible to relieve your stress. Additional suggestions to consider when posting:
- Tell a story about yourself, a customer, your business or anything else that you think you followers will enjoy reading. People love stories and they will help others relate to you. Do you have an awesome story about how you started your business or how you met the love of your life? Share it! Just make sure to break it up into several posts to keep your followers coming back for more.
- Show off your personality in posts! No one wants to read a boring sentence devoid of life. Even your mom. So, spruce it up by injecting some of yourself into your posts! Let’s look at an example:
“Julie’s taste in music is questionable at best and always distracts me at work.”
“I can’t concentrate at work with Julie’s music playing! If I have to listen to Justin Bieber sing ‘Baby, baby, baby oh’ one more time, I swear I’m going to lose it. – Steven”
- Visual content is arguably the most important element to a post. According to business2community.com, the brain registers images 60,000 times faster than text. This makes it imperative that you post pictures and videos as much as possible. Some visuals may perform better than others on your page, so it’s best to experiment and adjust. When in doubt, post cat videos.
To many, tipping is becoming an obsolete practice, but not here at Providence! Check out these free tips:
- Encourage your employees/coworkers to share everything that your business posts. Putting it simply, the more likes and shares a post receives the more the reach will grow. This essentially means that your coworkers are free ‘likes’ waiting to happen!
- Utilize the analytics section of your Facebook page or visit analytics.twitter.com to see how your tweets perform. Reviewing the analytics will help you see what’s working and not working. Through Facebook’s analytics, you can see when your audience is online the most, where they’re from and which posts are performing the best. Not paying attention to your analytics is a mistake you can’t afford to make!
- Make the most out of specific days of the week. If today is Monday, make an encouraging #MotivationalMonday post reminding everyone that it’s going to be ok. Or maybe it’s Thursday, time to post some embarrassing photos of your coworkers for Throw Back Thursday (#TBT). These are fun/easy posts to make that will help you grow your audience!
Well, there you have it. You should all be social media professionals by now. If you’re not, try asking your kids for some help or call us 661.327.1698. We would be happy to assist you!