Providence Strategic Consulting, Inc. is an experienced public affairs and marketing firm in central California. We specialize in effective communications surrounding issues and entitlements (project permitting), as well as public relations campaigns for businesses including social media management, advertising and marketing.
Providence is a full-service communications firm headquartered in Bakersfield, California. Providence specializes in developing strategic communications plans with extensive expertise in public affairs campaigns designed to produce successful project permitting. Our firm provides public relations support, website development and manages multiple social media accounts for our clients daily. Our current clients include those in the agriculture, water, oil and gas, transportation, healthcare, nonprofit, retail and telecommunications industries.
The director of marketing and public relations is responsible for the direct management, supervision, and execution of marketing strategies including: marketing communications, public relations activities, plus campaigns and initiatives that advance our clients’ position. This individual will oversee the development and implementation of support materials for client initiatives.
- Develop advertising strategies and marketing campaigns to most effectively reach and connect with the desired audience.
- Review and approve printed customer and shareholder materials to ensure they enhance the client’s image.
- Manage outside advertising and public relations vendors to include: assigning work, reviewing results and budgeting.
- Coach and develop other employees in marketing and public relations including managers.
- Promote and monitor the clients’ brands.
Strategic Planning & Communication: 20%
- Design, build and implement marketing plans to further the clients overall strategic objectives.
- Using marketing analytics, create and manage goals and performance metrics for initiatives and campaigns. Monitor campaigns regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy, making recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure brand consistency and overall success.
- Track and report results of marketing plans to senior management on an ongoing basis to ensure that the implementation of the plan continues to support and validate the clients strategic plan.
- Actively promote an internal culture that is sales and service oriented.
- Conduct and oversee market research to apply segmentation strategies to the existing customer base and prospect lists.
- Research and recommend external vendors or organizations that can positively impact branding or marketing efforts.
- Provide input to senior and executive management on issues related to corporate development.
- Schedule staff and assign work to ensure superior service and work plans are met.
- Recruit, select, train, and provide leadership and performance feedback for direct reports.
- Recommend wage adjustments, staffing and work assignments.
- Conduct regular staff and coaching meetings with direct reports.
- Establish goals and work plans consistent with client needs and monitor progress.
- Recommend and monitor budget and strategic plan.
- Approve department expenditures within authorized limits.
- Recommend methods and procedures to improve department efficiency.
- Attend internal and external management meetings and represent the client at external functions and activities.
Non-Essential Functions: 10%
- Perform special projects and research as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS (IF ANY):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily, including all important aspects of the job – whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any duty that occurs at irregular intervals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Job Specific Competencies
- Coaching/Developing Others: Recognizes talent and delegates responsibility enabling staff to discover and leverage their strengths and develop their abilities; tailors developmental suggestions to fit individual needs and maximize performance; provides developmental opportunities and meets with staff to offer support and feedback and to review and sustain progress.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best and feel their work is important; inspires and empowers others; fosters open dialogue; shares wins and successes; invites input from each person; values diversity; uses rewards and recognition to engage and retain employees.
- Performance Management: Establishes measurable goals and expectations, tracks progress, and provides direct and specific behavioral feedback; addresses problems promptly, minimizing the intensity and impact on productivity; delivers difficult messages in a constructive, supportive, and positive manner; treats all staff fairly and differentiates compensation and rewards based on performance.
- Planning/Organizing: Coordinates resources effectively and develops courses of action that support strategic goals and objectives; anticipates potential problems and takes proactive steps to avert or overcome them.
- Presentation/Facilitation: Communicates in a variety of formal and informal settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and management, both inside and outside the company; commands attention and manages the group process during presentation; modifies tactics in reaction to participant feedback; encourages participation and communication of thoughts and feelings from others.
- Project Management: Organizes and schedules existing and projected work to ensure targeted deadlines are met; includes allocation of resources, assignment of tasks, securing commitments, gaining stakeholder concurrence, and monitoring progress through to completion.
- Staffing/Retention: Promotes the company to prospective employees to continuously enhance the talent pool; applies a rigorous process and criteria in interviewing and selecting the best people; strengthens the team through diversity; matches talents to the appropriate job; identifies retention risks and opportunities; develops strategies and takes action to retain key people.
- Written Communication: Uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in marketing and promotional techniques and practices.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong organizational, detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and solution-oriented skills.
- Proven ability to drive results through coaching and mentoring.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for effective collaboration and personnel administration.
- Proficient experience with product development, market research, branding and business development
- Ability to set expectations and hold team members accountable in a positive manner in order to achieve department goals and initiatives.
- Strategic mindset, ability to tell a great story, and the ability to draw key insights from analytics to make key business decisions
- Knowledge of print production standards.
- Skills operating a personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Strong copywriting, design, and graphic skills.
- Ability to leverage the appropriate media to enhance the clients’ image and to meet stated sales goals.
- Ability to attend early morning, evening and weekend events.
Licenses and Certifications
- Maintain a valid California driver’s license.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
- Education and Experience:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or closely related field, Master’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field, preferred; and knowledge typically gained through a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in marketing, public relations, or advertising, and at least three years management experience.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
$68,000 – $82,000.00 per year
We offer flexible scheduling, healthcare, retirement plans and the opportunity to work in a fast- paced, fun and successful team environment. #Winning!
Providence Strategic Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinance.
Please fill out all of the sections below:
- I understand that if I am being considered for employment by this company, I may be required to submit to a post-offer physical and drug/alcohol testing (all of which will be paid for by this company) and to authorize the release of the physical examination and test results to this company. Applicants whose test results are positive (prohibited substances present) will not be eligible for further employment consideration.
- Any acceptance of employment will be predicated upon the truthfulness of the written and verbal statements contained within this Application and pre-employment process. I understand that should my employer find that any statement I have made is not truthful, any job extended to me may be withdrawn and, if employed, I may be subject to termination.
- I understand this Application for Employment is not to be confused as a guarantee of employment for a specific time. I further understand that my employment with this company does not constitute any form of contract, implied or expressed, and such employment will be terminable at will either by myself or my employer upon notice of one party to the other. My continued employment is dependent on satisfactory performance and the continued need for my services as determined by this organization.
- I grant my employer approval, after my termination of employment to release information which it may deem appropriate regarding my employment with or termination from the organization, to anyone who has a reasonable basis for making such inquiry. So long as the information disclosed is not known by this organization to be inaccurate, this organization shall not incur legal liability of any nature in connection with the furnishing of such information.
- I understand that my Application for Employment will be placed in an active status for a period of six months during which time it will be reviewed as job openings occur in my area(s) of job interest. I also understand that should I wish to continue being considered for job openings beyond the six month period, I must reapply by (a) submitting a new Application for Employment or by (b) submitting a letter requesting renewal of my Application and including an update of my qualifications (recent work history, educational achievements, etc.).
|Position Title||Director of Marketing and Public Relations|